Search InstaNet WEB Pages
[W3 Search Engines],
Internet Search Engines
Search the world with these
The following Internet search engines allow you to search for information in many
different ways - some search titles or headers of documents, others search the
documents themselves, and still others search other indexes or directories.
If it's out there on the Internet, one of these search engines should find it.
The Famous Yahoo Server
- This is the best. Try it first.
- You can type your search in plain English or just enter key words and
phrases. This is an excellent search engine.
Lycos Home Page: Hunting WWW Information
- Served by the Carnegie Mellon University, this engine allows you to search
on document titles and content. It's index is built by searching document title,
headings, links, and keywords found in documents.
- Searches by document and content. It's part of the WebCrawler project at
the University of Washington.
More Search Engines
If you still haven't found what you're looking for, you can try other search
engines which can be found in these links.
W3 Search Engines
- Covering a wide range of topics, this search engine is published by The
University of Geneva. It's not updated very often.
- Configurable Unified Search Interface, offered by Nexor, U.K., searches a
large number of WWW engines for documents, people, software, dictionaries, and
This page has been accessed times.
Created: September 14, 1995, 23:05
Last Updated: September 14, 1995, 23:05
Return to InstaNet Home Page
InstaNet, Instant Internet, P.O. Box 3457, Chatsworth, CA 91313, (818) 713-1313